Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Inspiration Blues

Inspiration Blues

Nothing too scientific here, Strange Loop and I were planning an alt-dj and I grew impatient with him to start. So I pulled the title track out of one of the cassettes he digitized for me and sent it to him for Inspiration. And well, it just kind of fell together from there.

1. T-Bone Walker – Inspiration Blues
2. Slim Harpo – I'm a King Bee
3. Sticks McGhee – One Monkey
4. Arbee Stidham – Mr. Commissioner
5. John Lee Hooker with Ry Cooder – This Is Hip
6. Willie Dixon – 29 Ways
7. Otis Spann – I Got A Feeling
8. Big Maybelle Smith – So Good To My Baby
9. Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five – I Like 'Em Fat Like Dat
10. Zeb Turner – Big Fat Papa
11. Big Joe Turner – Flip, Flop & Fly
12. Clarence Samuels – Lollypop Mama
13. Ray Charles – Night Time Is The Right Time
14. Howlin' Wolf – Hidden Charms
15. Tom Waits – Pasties and a G-String
16. Chuck E. Weiss – Horseface
17. Bob Dylan – Ugliest Girl In The World
18. Roosevelt Sykes – That's My Gal
19. Louis Prima & Keely Smith – Baby Won't You Please Come Home
20. Bobby "Blue" Bland – I've Got A Twenty Room House
21. B.B. King – Sweet Little Angel
22. Blue Smitty – Date Bait
23. Mose Allison – Hey, Good Lookin'
24. Memphis Minnie – Keep On Eatin'
25. Bessie Smith – Kitchen Man
26. Blind Boy Fuller – I Want Some Of Your Pie
27. Carl Perkins – Jive After Five
28. Screamin' Jay Hawkins – Mountain Jive

No comments: